Wednesday 18 February 2015

The Long Dark Episode Two



Having played a bit more Long Dark now I am surprised at just how gentle the game was with me here. The trapper's homestead and the camp office are two great locations, full of gear, food and gear to keep me going.

And then I throw it all away with an expedition I really didn't need to make at the time, at least I don't think I did, I could have spent some time reclaiming wood and materials in the cabins and tried putting up the snare again to catch food.

I am still far from an expert at this game, but really appreciating the stories you get to tell about it.

The Long Dark is a survival game set in a post societal collapse Canadian wilderness. It is by Hinterland Games Inc, find out more at http://hinterlandgames.com/projects

3 comments:

  1. This game reminds me a lot of UnrealWorld, an iron-age survival roguelike set in the Finnish wilderness. Its graphics and mechanics are much more old-school (and roguelikey!) but it's free and fun and I'd probably enjoy it vicariously if you made a video about it: http://www.unrealworld.fi/urw_downloads.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have a look into it, but I got a few games I am pretty keen on already in my mental queue

      Delete
    2. Your queue is definitely mental, I'll give you that.

      Delete